Business Case for Libraries
Here are some references to documents which may be helpful in making the business case:
Portugal, Frank H.
Valuating information intangibles: measuring the bottom line contribution of librarians and information professionals
Washington: Special Libraries Association, 2000.
Return on investment for usability
January 7, 2003
www.useit.com/alertbox/20030107.html
Accessed April 12, 2004.
Summary of IDC report on the cost to an organization of workers NOT finding the information they need to do their jobs.
"...With the advent of the World Wide Web, every professional worker has become a searcher, but without either search training or a roadmap of what he is searching. Without information training or skills, most people don't know where to look, how to ask for what they are seeking, or when it is okay to stop looking."
"...roughly 50% of most web searches are abandoned."
"...21% of respondents said they found the information they needed 85-100% of the time."

2 Comments:
I am very impressed by your blog, It is full of great information. I found it by searching for " evaluation free seo site " on Google.
I have started a blog directory and would like to personally invite you to post your blog. Its free and will help you in your search rankings.
if you have any questions email me at admin@big3post.com and I will get back to you within a 24 hrs.
I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about clickbank clickbank clickbank directory go2clickbank.com market solution related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.
Post a Comment
<< Home